Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Free For All 1


Today is the start of my Friday Free For All. I really have no plans on what I am going to write about or what this post is really about. I plan on just winging it. When I post normally I look through all the pictures that I have taken and not blogged about and I find my inspiration there, but today I want to work in the opposite way today. I really have been busy this week and I have enjoyed it so far. Tomorrow we will meet up with the homeschool group that we have join for the first time. The girls are really looking forward to this event because there is over 50 families  in the group and they are excited about meeting new friends. This week I made a couple of purchases with a few projects in mind. Look for more tutorials coming soon. Here is a link to my currently posted tutorials. I always seem to try and take step-by-step pictures along the way of my projects so that it is east to post a tutorial if I decide to. I really wish I had time to post more of my finished products, but I seem to be making so many that I haven't taken the time to. On Sept. 9, 2011 I will be hosting a open house for all of my new designs for the fall. I have come up will all kinds of new items that I am really excited about showing.


I have been reading a lot this week also. I have been trying to cut everything off at least an hour before bedtime and take the time to read. I am read a few books so I try to read at least one chapter in each book before bed. I also include my bible reading. Right now I am reading Proverbs. This has really helped me to sleep better this week. I also have the girls reading for at least 30 min before they go to bed and I think that it si really helping them to sleep better. Being without technology for a while and try not to go right to bed after getting off the computer or from watching tv is a great habit to start. Also reading helps my mind unwind from the day and go into a more peaceful sleep. I have been reading on my Nook and you can find a summary of my reading list here, and here, and here, and here. I have always had a love for reading. I grew up in a bookstore. My mother had a Christian Bookstore for most of my younger life up until I was 13 and since I was home-schooled I was always there. I could have my pick of any book I wanted and I read about 2-3 books a week during that time. I also was able because if the bookstore to meet so many interesting authors. This only helped to increase my love for books. It was a little hard to go from a paper book to an Ebook but I have really come to love it. This is because I take advantage of all the free Nook books that are offered. They are often only free for a short time and I try to find all of them that I can. I now have more books on my nook that I have ever had in my paper book library at any one time just because I didn't have the space to keep them all.  Now that I have the Nook it really makes traveling easy. All I have to pack is the Nook and the charger. I used to have to pack a separate suitcase just for my books. I still by paper books for my art books as well as books from the used book store. I hope that I have not bored you with my Ramblings but I felt that this blog needed to live up to it's name "A Southern Lady's Ramblings". I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
The Pictures came last in this post. I am really just trying to sit down and write and not over analyse it all, but I can't stand to have a post without pictures so this is why I take so many pictures of flowers.
Don't Forget to go and check out my sponsors:

Dresses from Shabby Apple

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back