Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Live Like You Mean It


Live Like You Mean It
 
 
 
 
This is the book that I am reading right now and I will be sharing my thoughts on each chapter. If you would like to read along with me you can pick up a copy through the link above. (I don’t receive any return for your sale, I just want to share this book with you.)
Overview:
Scripture tells us we are “God’s workmanship,” born to participate in intimate relationship with God. We are to do the work of His kingdom—this is foundational to our identity.
This book will show you how to respond to your God-inspired inner urgings and live them out intentionally. Discover your true significance and priorities in living out the incredible work of God’s kingdom.
A great discipleship tool, Live Like You Mean It also can be used in a mission setting or for personal spiritual growth.


Chapter # 1:
Why am I here? Pinpointing Your Purpose
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ---Ephesians 2:10
This chapter is about finding your purpose and to know that you are not just an “Ordinary Person” but that “God has an extraordinary work for you in His kingdom that only you can fulfill”.
It doesn’t matter our social status or the amount of money in your bank account, god can use you to do extraordinary things if we will only yield ourselves to the calling that he has placed in our lives.
My Application of this chapter:
The Prayer for this chapter is for God to show is what our purpose is.
Here are the question that I will try to answer this week from the discussion questions for this chapter:
  • God has placed me on this earth in order to ……”
  • How can the truths in Ephesians 2:10 be applied to how we live our lives?
  • How is our relationship with Jesus connected with how we work for him?
  • Where have you seen people bring a little bit of heaven to earth this week?
If you would like answer the questions along with me. I would enjoy to hear your feedback.
This post is apart of the My Journey series (Original post) of posts.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back