Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Let's Get Creative with Mixed Media Valentines Pt1


Today we will be making some Mixed Media Valentines. These are made with Vintage Sewing Book Paper, Decoart Paints, Decoart Decor Stencils, Sharpie Magnum, Faber Castell Pitt Pen, and a 0.7 Drawing Pen. I created a video for this weeks post and I am excited to share it.





I did not start out making these papers to become valentines. I was just making some quick background paper for collage fodder. I love making background papers to add to my stash so that I always have pattern paper on hand when I am ready to create. I really don't want my stencils to have a clean look I want them to look distressed and like they are old and weathered. This really helps to make them just a textural element instead of a focal element. I love just have them for layers when I begin to work on an art journal page. 



Once I started to add the markers to the page I could see how these would make good heart shapes to add to some handmade valentines. I love making handmade valentines instead of buying a pre-made one. It really seems to have more meaning behind it because I took the time to make something from just a few supplies instead of just picking on off the shelf. I know that knot everyone has the ability to make them so even if it is bought it has meaning as well. 


I hope you have enjoyed this look at making Mixed Media Valentines and will come back next week to see how I will finished them into a finished project. 


No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back