Saturday, July 18, 2015

Ramblings from the Road

Our new farm is coming together. Even thought it might not be as fast as I like it, it is coming and we will be there when it is the perfect time for us to be there. Today I wanted to share a few views from the dirt roads near our farm. I have always loved dirt roads and how you feel like you are transported back to a slower time, a time when like moved at a more relaxed pace. When you didnt just wave at your neighbor when you drove by you atually knew your neighbor. You talked to them and they knew your family and your story and you knew theirs.
 
I feel like being at our farm is that way. I feel like we step through a time warp and are in a more simpler time and place and that time slows down even just a little. I really wish it would as I look at my daughters too. My oldest will be getting her learner's permit and is already practicing driving on our long driveway. She is as excited as I was the summer that I was getting mine. Our birthdays are only 5 days apart (in October) and so the summer that I was getting mine it could not come quick enough. By July I was counting the days until my birthday, she is doing the same and it is bittersweet for this mamma. It seems like just yesterday when I was expecting her and I was excited to be able to be a mom. Now she is a teenager and time has just seemed to fly by. I miss the little girl she was but I am very proud of the young lady she has become. So when I spend time on these old dirt roads I wish I could turn back the hands of time and hold my baby girl just a little bit longer.
 
My youngest daughter will be starting 8th grade this school year and it seems like just yesterday that she started school and now she will be in her last year of middle school. She is taller than me now and loves that she can look down to me. She is such a blessing and I love the time I get to spend with her. She loves doing all the girly things with me and I love having my shopping buddy. She is excited about 8th grade but a little nervous as well. She will be starting a new school this year because of our move and so this will be a big adjustment for her. I know that she will do great but I can't help but be a little nervous myself for her.
I know that this has really been a ramblings post so I hope that you all have a great week. I am a digital nomad now that we have moved so I am trying to post whenever I am able to get a good wi-fi connection. I am still super busy with my art just having to be more portable until the house is finished on the farm. I will post more art here soon and I have a few projects that I hope to have ready to show soon as well.

 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back