Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Trip Back in Time

may 236

Fort Pulaski is so interesting and full of unique details I wanted to devote a whole post to it. If you ever find yourself in the Savannah, GA area I think that this is a must see attraction. It is great for the history buff and for the child in your family who likes anything to do with ships and cannons.

may 234There is daily cannon firing demonstrations and wonderful views of the surrounding marsh and waterways. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring some water, and get ready to explore.

may 271

This areas floors was lost to a fire and was not restored so that visitors could see how the supports were constructed.

may 258

The Settlers store inside the fort sells all kinds of items, from castile soup, to reproduction blue glass, and books on the period.

may 257

Look at all that lovely blue glass. I t reminds me of the blue glass that I used to bring back from Israel. I just love blue glass.

may 255

These tress standing in the center of the courtyard are beautiful and the shade is so inviting. It was pretty warm that day so any bit of shade was greatly appreciated.

may 347

My girls thought it was cool that these had our name on them “Cannon”  so I had to take a picture of it.

Come back tomorrow to explore the City of Savannah with us. I hope you enjoy traveling along with us.  . . . . . . . .

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back