Saturday, October 16, 2010

Journal Lettering

These pages show how I come up with the various lettering styles that I use on my paintings. I like to try out a lettering style in my journal first before I ever put onto a finished canvas painting. I like that I can play with the way the letters are formed and also be able to decided on the relative size of each letter. This page also incorporates an envelope that I upcycled from a thank you card that I recieved.
I glued it into the journal and then decorated it with simple line art and tried out a saying with the lettering from the opposite page. By this you can see that I do not work in order in my journal, I sometimes will skip around and add here and there and will go back and revisit pages that I have not added any text to and add it at a later date.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back