Monday, October 23, 2017

39 and Holding

I have never understood the term “39 and Holding”, and now that I am 39 I wonder what the big deal is all about. I guess people must have thought that it meant that the best part of their lives were over or that they wanted to hold on to the youth that they felt had passed them by. I look at is if I’ve earned it to say I’m 39. My life has had its share of ups and downs, but I have a lot to look forward to.  39 it not what it was when I was a kid. Back then 39 meant you were old, too old to do anything fun. So old that you had to act like the adult that you really are.  Well. I have determined that 39 is going to be a good year. I am going try to keep up with this year with a weekly post this year. I wanted to try to do a post everyday but I don’t want to set myself up to fail. So I am going to post once a week and them if I decided to I can post more but I am going to do a week in review posted here week to try to back into the world of blogging that I have really loved over the past 13 years. 
So here is my week in review. 
On Sunday I cast on this sock. And by Wednesday I had it finished. 
I used the afterthought heel method and was really just winging it for a pattern. I have taught so many sock knitting classes and always ended up with beautiful socks but they were always lonely as I never knit the second sock. I know the knitting teacher that always had lonely socks. 
Well I was determined not to end up with another lonely sock this time. I really love this yarn from my KnitCrate monthly kit so I was really planning on working a matching socks this time. It took me a couple of days to get it cast on but I did on Saturday on the way to Zoo Atlanta to celebrate my birthday and my oldest daughter’s birthday. Mine was Saturday and her birthday is this coming Thursday.
So off we went to the zoo and in the hour and half drive there I cast it on and this is what I have to show for it. I was very happy with myself I have never knitted a sock this fast ever.  Well on the way home I put in the waste yarn for the afterthought heel and almost worked it to the toe. 
I stopped at a Joann’s on the way home to find a sock blocker but they didn’t have one. So we stopped at my old Hobby Lobby, the one that I shopped at before we moved. They had one but not a pair. I found it in the clearance section. I also picked up a pair of project bags. I have really wanted some drawstring bags so I picked them up.  
I will use these until I can I can afford to get some of the beautiful handmade ones that are all over Instagram. 

 The Second sock is finished and blocking. I am so excited I have actually finished a pair of socks. I am using the magic loop method because I am all thumbs when it comes to DPNs. 
I finished the second sock and it is now blocking. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back