Friday, September 15, 2017

Getting ready for fall


I am so excited that it is starting to feel like fall is in the air. The mornings are starting to get a little crisper and in the evenings there is a cool breeze. I love it. So I thought I would share my little bit of prep for fall. With the nights getting longer it makes me want to read, knit and sip on tea. It also brings out my love for British TV so my list today is a little all over the map. I am on the search for the perfect candles as well. I love the way it makes the house smell. 


I picked up a couple of books while I was out an about yesterday. It was a grocery run because we lost everything in our fridge due to power outages from Hurricain Irma. It was a tropical storm by the time it hit us, but she knocked out our power for over 48 hours. Think good ness for a fully charged iPad that was had Netflix with lots of stuff downloaded before the storm. Our home didn't get any damage so we are blessed. Just a little inconvience of no power for a couple of days. It could have been worse. 


This is where the British TV comes into my list. I just started watching Shetland and I love it. It is very intriguing and it will keep you on the edge of your seat. I love how it is not predictable as to how the bad guy reallly is. If you are looking for a new show, check it out over on Netflix.  


This is my favorite tea at the moment, and I forgot to pick up a box when I was out yeasterday. I was too focused on trying to find gluten free items as my oldest daughter has just been diagnosed with celiacs so we will be converting the house to a gluten free house. I am trying to make this as smooth as possible of a transition so that it won't be so hard on her. I am going to make the switch with her as well, to show my support. 


I joined KnitCrate sock club so that I can get fun new yarn each month without the drive time it takes me to get to a yarn shop. You can check it out through this link and you will get $10 off your first months subscription . I really love the yarn that I have recieved in my first two months shipments. 


This was the shipment from August . I am trying to decided what to knit with it. I just love hand dyed yarn. 


I am still working on finishing up my Find Your Fade Shawl. I love how it is turning out. I am just ready to get it off the needled so that I can wear it. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back