Thursday, December 1, 2016

Daily December Day 1


I love participating in December Daily each year.  I will be working through the book Loving my Actual Life by Alexandra Kuykendall this month and really focusing on my family and making sure that I remember that every single day really is a gift. 
I want to make sure that I am present in each moment and try not to rush through everything and really enjoy each moment. 
The tag line of the book really caught my eye, "What if you could actually love the life you are living right now?" This really made me think about how much we all wish our lives were somehow different. I know that I am guilty of this, but I want something more. I want to be present right where God has placed me. I don't want to rush all the time and worry about everything. I want to have the freedom to live in the place that God has me no matter what the circumstances are. 
So this month I am going to take a step back, not over commit to things and take a breath a long deep breath before I say yes to anything that will take me away from the present and make me feel rushed and harried. I want to slow things down. 
In the first part of the book there was something that really made me think: 
the years 0-10 of your children's life are slow and seem to go on and on with no end, but the years 11-18 really fly by. Both of my girls are in high school and I can just feel them growing up, and away. I really want to take the time to enjoy each of the days I have with them, but when we are rushing around trying to cram everything we can into every day then we really miss the moments that make up these days. 
So for this month I will be sharing the little moments that make up our days because these are the important parts of our lives, not just the big days that are on the calendar. 
I hope that you will join me on this journey of taking back the moments that mean so much and slowing down and not stressing over everything so much.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back