Friday, July 5, 2013

Silhouette fun

My husband's grandmother had to be placed in a nursing home earlier this week and we were planning a visit yesterday. I wanted to take something that would brighten up her wall beside her bed. I used two file from the Silhouette America Online Store that I had in my stash and created a flower banner.

The flower that is used called Ruffled Rose and the banner was a clearance shape from March.

I cut out the flowers from 3 different papers and layered them up with glue dots so that they would each be layered differently, and added a clear rhinestone with glue dots. For the banner I used 2 different color papers and layered them using glue dots leaving an opening at the top for the hanging ribbon. Next I cut a piece of 3/4 inch pink grosgrain ribbon and adhered it inside the top opening with glue dots. Finally I added the flowers fluffing them as I placed them.

I hope you enjoy this quick crafty gift idea. If you have all your supplies gathered you can complete this in under 30 minutes and this is including cutting time.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back