Monday, July 29, 2013

DIY Paint Sample Card #tutorial

I am always finding that I am re buying the same paint colors each time they are on sale, because I didn't remember the colors that I have on hand. So after one such shopping trip on Saturday I can home and created a one sheet folded book out of mixed media paper and made my one paint sample card.

I started out by drawing a grid on each little page and then sorted my paints by brand. This way I can have one spread per brand and know which color goes with what quickly.

I painted one of the blocks for each color and then moved on to the next brand.

After each section had dried I went back with a ballpoint pen and wrote the name of each color. I now have a small reference tool too keep in my purse so when I go paint shopping again I will know what colors I have and the ones that I need. This is also a great way to see how each color does with coverage. My next project is completing the same chart on black paper.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back