Thursday, May 23, 2013

A work in progress

I have been adding more layers to a large canvas that I have been working on, on and off for the past year. It has been hung up on my walls at various times when I have thought that it was complete. But I have learned over the past few days that this painting is kind of like my life and how that God is the artist painting my life's picture and with each layer that has been add I have been in a different place in my life. Each time I think I am where I am supposed to be a new layer is added and I my life is changed. With each layer on this painting I have seen it change and become something different and something better. As like with my life as another layer is added I become different and new and hopefully better than the last thing, but even as a new layer is added e experience from the previous layers show through. Some have left scars and others have left beauty, but with each layer a new chapter has begun. We have to be willing to let God change us as we change the layers on the canvas and we have to hold in our hearts the promise that is found in the Bible.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

 

 

You can see the layers coming through in areas of the painting as well as see the texture under the white paint.

 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back