Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Club Thursday


Welcome to week two of Book Club Thursday. Each week I am picking a book off my shelf to let you know what I think about them. They may be a new book or they may be a book that has been around for a while that I think you might find useful.
This week I am reviewing the book Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds.
I really am trying to work my way through this and glean tips to make my blog a place for your to find inspiration and be able to connect with a broader community of people through it.

Here is the book description from Amazon:

Today’s crafting community is online, connected, and blissfully blogging about their work and ideas. Blogging is hot in this highly creative world—and here is the only how-to book aimed directly at them. Everyone from knitters and beaders to scrapbookers and altered artists will find the practical information and visual inspiration they need to create an artful online journal.
Thanks to hundreds of gorgeous screen grabs from the very best blogs, a thorough introduction to the tools of the trade, and instructions that virtually take you by the hand, even beginners will swiftly go from blank screen to colorful, enticing pages. Those who already have a blog, but want to enhance their presence on the Web, will learn how to add banners and graphics, take the perfect shots, crop and size photos, establish links, and attract an audience of eager readers.
Best of all, readers will meet some of the Web’s most popular creative bloggers, including Alicia Paulson (Posie Gets Cozy), Gabreial Wyatt (Vintage Indie), Emily Martin (Inside A Black Apple), Lidy Baars (Little French Garden House), Heather Bullard (Vintage Inspired Living), and Serena Thompson and Teri Edwards (The Farm Chicks).

I found that this book is full of tips for the beginner blogger as well as the seasoned blogger looking to improve the blog that they already have. I love reading each of the interviews from the various bloggers. I found myself drawn to the art bloggers more because this is where I feel like I fit. I have found some great ideas for updating the design of my blog and I really wish I had this book when I started blogging years ago. It would have really helped me to start off right from the start. If you want to start a blog this is the book for you. If you have a blog and just want to give it a little freshening up then this book is for you too. I hope you take the time to read Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists & Creatives of all Kinds .

If you would like to link up your book club post please feel free to do so here. I would love for you to use the button above to let everyone know where they can join in the party.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back