Sunday, January 13, 2013

Step by step Painting part 3



I got going good at this point and I forgot to take a picture of the trunk as I was painting. But on this step I used a palette knife to create the trunk of the tree and I used Mini Misters by Ranger with Golden Green Gold to create the impression for the top of the tree.

I then cut leaf shapes out of paper that I have painted with my Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate. Once I had created the first leaf shape I used it as a pattern to create the rest of the leaves.

I then placed the leaves around the shape of the treetop just inside the edge of the painted top. After getting them how I liked them I picked them up in order and started adhering them down with Modge Podge.

Here is the finished piece after all the leaves have been adhered down.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back