Thursday, December 20, 2012

Panting on a large scale

I have been busy getting ready for Christmas and I had to take a break so for the past 2days I have been working on a large scale painting. On day one I prepped my surface and added layers to the background.

Day two I started added layers of collage using wet wipes that were used during cleanup from other projects. I have been saving them up for a while now and thought that this would be a great way to use some of them.

I them added layers of paint over sections to add more texture. And it still seemed like it blended with the background too much so I added watered down white paint around the edges and feathered it out so that the tree would pop off the background.

I then pulled out a faber castel brush pen in a dark gray color and stared outlining the leaves. I added veining to some of them but this section is still a work in progress and I am thinking about incorporating words onto some of the leaves like I did in the journal page below.

 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back