Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Custom Favor Bags How To

work 063

Supply List:

  • Computer with Label Making Software (I used MS Publisher)
  • Printer
  • Paper
  • Glue
  • Crepe Paper Streamers in color of your choice
  • Gift Bag (sized for your item)
  • Scissors

 

work 035

Open your software and choose your label size I used the Name Tag Avery 5095

work 036

Once you have chosen your size click create.

work 038

Once open it will have sample text. Delete the sample text.

work 040

I choose the oval for my shape but you can choose any shape that you would like. The rounded shapes work best later on in the project.

work 042

work 043

Next change the line width to the 3pt double line. This will make your shape stand out when cut.

work 044

work 045

Add your text with Word Art

work 050

I added clip art and the year.

work 053work 054

This template prints 8 per page so just print as many as you need for your project.

work 055

I chose to use pink Crepe Paper Streamers for this.

work 056

This small bottle of glue comes in handy for this project. It came in a craft kit and all I have to do is add more glue when it gets empty.

work 057

Add a small line of glue around 1/3 of the edge.

work 058

Press the streamers down pleating as you go. The pleats might loosen a little but it will work out when you place the label on the bag.

work 059

Overlap slightly at the end to keep from having a gap.

work 062

Add Glue around the ruffle and in the center and adhere to your bag.

work 063

I hope that you have found this tutorial helpful. I hope to have a few more tutorials coming soon.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back