Monday, November 14, 2011

What’s in my bag

036
I carry art supplies with me wherever I go. I never know when I will get a chance to sketch of just work on designs. So today I thought that I would share with you what I have in my bag.
023
My favorite supply that is always in my bagThis is my Windsor Newton Travel Watercolor set. I have had this set for almost 20 years. I bought it when I first went to Europe and Israel. I really wanted to paint what I saw. I had no idea what an art journal was back then but it was my first attempt at a visual record of what I was experiencing. It is finally getting used and now I might have to replace some colors. I love that way that the colors are so vivid that not much is needed.
026
This little box house most of my favorite black and gray pens. I use the gray pens for adding shadows to pages. It also has my water brushes, pencils and eraser. The case is small about 4x6, it is a photo storage case that I found at Michael’s for only $0.75. It was such a great find that I really love using it.
027
The next item is a regular size school pencil box that is filled to the brim with my markers. I have a full set of 36 color Artist Loft Fundamental Fine Pont Markers. I also have a few of my favorite color of Martha Stewart markers.
020
Here is my two sketchbooks, The brown one is a 9 x 12 Kraft Paper sketchbook from Paperchase. I picked this up on the clearance rack at Borders, I have a smaller one also that I use for various types of inspiration. The Blue one is a 6.25 x 8.5  Strathmore Windpower Sketcbook I really love how the pages take the color. the White of the pages is very bright. I found these at Michael’s last week when they were a member special at 60% off so I bought 2 for less than the price of one at full price.
029
Everything but the large sketchbook fits neatly inside the bag, and I am able to sketch wherever I am and whenever the inspiration strikes.
035

3 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv luv the bag it looks beautiful and to take all these is quite a bonus.

Would luv for my readers to discover your blog, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting week!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

SV said...

Great bag! I love the print on the outside...the inside has lots of fun goodies too :-) Stopping by from Skip to my Lou.

Chris said...

Hi Kate, who would ever have thought that the pretty bag would contain the tools of your talents. I have a friend who carries her watercolours around with her also and stops in the park when inspiration "hits" her and paints. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back