Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A New Sketchbook

I have been working in a Paperchase Kraft paper sketchbook for a few weeks and because of its size I really didn’t feel I could carry it everywhere. Well Michael’s had a  huge sale on Strathmore Windpower  Sketchbooks so I had a snap up a couple.

011

Well I have been making using it with every medium I have. I love it because I can draw on both sides with markers with no bleed-thru. I have painted on them with watercolor with little buckle. I really am enjoying the size also. I can carry it everywhere and sketch anytime.

color 012

I am trying to explore color and choose a palate that is not in my normal range. So on this page I went for a walk in my yard and choose a few leaves that were blowing around my yard as inspiration. I went through my set of markers to find colors close to the colors that were in the leaves and went to work coloring in this sketch. While they are not my favorite colors I do like how they how it turned out.

Supplies: Artist Loft Pens, Artist Loft Fine Tip Markers, and a Strathmore Windpower Sketchbook. 6.25 x 8.5 .

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back