Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Patchwork Eye Mask

DSC00280
I have such a huge collection of fabric and fabric scraps. I am trying to make things that use up these small scraps and make something useful out of them.  I used the pattern from 101 Patchwork, but you can use any eye mask pattern that you have on hand. I changed it up a little by foundation piecing it onto a thin muslin.


I cut the shape from the foundation muslin and then found various scraps that were long enough to cover the section of the fabric.
Then I made sure that everything was pressed so that it would be easier to piece them together. I really am no a pinner for projects like this because I feel like the craziness of the seams add something to the piece.
DSC00282
Next I cut around the foundation piece to bring the piece back to the shape it needed to be.
DSC00285
Then I sewed it wrong sides together to a piece of dark felt.
I used my head as a guide to cut the piece of elastic for the strap.
DSC00281
You need to make sure that they strap is centered on each side and has at least 1/2 inch on the inside when you turn it.
DSC00279
Then decide on a backing fabric and sew them right sides together leaving a 3” opening to turn. I used pinking shears to clip my seams and then turned it right sides out ironed the opening closed and topstitched to close the opening and finish the piece.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
" My God shall Supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." ~~Philippians 4:19

3 comments:

Emilee said...

These look so great! love the patchwork look!

Katie said...

Love the patchwork!

Alyssa - Live. Love. Craft. said...

Good job! I love it! You might want to check my blog out... I think you would like it!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back