Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

DSC09255
I am really enjoying creating things for the upcoming show. I am also enjoying completing the lessons for Art Journaling 101. This has been a very busy week and I plan on taking Saturday off and go to the beach. I wanted to share a few of the things that I have made today. I found the spiral cage at Hobby Lobby for 66% off and I just thought it would be a great display piece for my booth and afterward I can use it in my living room and cover it with flowers. All the flowers on it in this picture can either be worn in your hair or pinned to a shirt or sweater.
DSC09214
I would really love to have this covered top to bottom with the fabric roses.
DSC09219
I made a couple of different variations of this basic ruffled rose.
DSC09260
I also made 22 sets of 2 mini bows with alligator clips on the back.  I was able to use up a lot of small scraps making these and I use large shipping tags for the packaging. I really like how they turned out. I will try to get a better picture of them later.
I do want to say that it really feels good to be doing what I am doing. I have been praying for God’s direction in my life and if this was what I should be doing, then the doors will be opened. I have been getting confirmation from everywhere it seems. It might be a blog post about pursuing your dreams or how God has His hand in everything , or even out of the mouth of a child. Last Night my oldest daughter and I were walking in from the car after going to church and she said, “Mom you are being blessed because, you are where God wants you to be doing what you are supposed to be doing” . Tears came to my eyes when she said that. I had been praying for some sign that I was doing what I am supposed to be, not really verbalizing it just praying silently. But God answered audibly through the voice of a child. Sometimes the answer doesn’t come in a way that we might expect but it will come in His time.
A Southern Lady’s Ramblings © 2011
StudioJRU
Last Weeks in the Studio Winners are

Here are the number from from Random.org

 

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:
6 3 4

Timestamp: 2011-06-25 15:50:41 UTC

Here are the names: 
# 6 is  Jen
E-mail me at craftykate1@gmail.com with your e-mail address and I will send you class information. 

2 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Goodness you are busy! :) Your fabric roses are so pretty... and the display you found is just perfect! It looks wonderful. The mini bows are so cute... and I love the way you display them too! You are going to have one beautiful display for your show! Your daughters words... sigh... what a special moment of prayers being answered! ♥

Cindy said...

Beautiful that your daughter heard God and shared His thoughts with you...the voice of a prophet! I really love the bright colors in your roses...and love the bird cage display idea...God is so good to let you find something at such a deep discount!

Blessings!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back