Thursday, November 18, 2010

Scrap Journal

I have really been inspired by all the scrappy journal that I have seen posted around the web. Well I decided to make my own and I just love it. I used a plastic gift bag for the cover with a fabric backing. I added scraps of ribbon and discarded silk leaves for added interest. I have always collected paper, so I knew that this would be a great way to use what I have collected and make something that was useful at the same time. 
That is how this journal was born. It is truly a mixed media collage book. 
I used my sewing machine to connect all the pieces together. Then I added lined paper from notebooks that were not completely used up with a glue stick on one edge only. After seeing all the beautiful journals around it made me start looking for the inspiration for them. I found it here, it is called the Remains of the Day Journal. I really want to take the class but at I can't right now. One day I know that I will. 
I hope that you are inspired by my journal as much as I have been by the ones that I have seen. The journal itself is complete but it is not filled with my words yet. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back