Friday, October 20, 2017

It’s sock knitting time

I knit this sock up cider is would start work on my second pair. The second pair ended up being knit on smaller needles and I really liked how they were working up so I decided that this one was too loose to hold up for a long time, when you knit socks you want them to hold up because they take a long time to knit ( at least for me they do) I want them to last as many months as it took me days to knit them even though I would prefer them to last that many years. So I ripped this one out and I will start back as soon as I get the other pair completed. 



I started this one on Sunday on the way to church. I loved how tight the stitches were and how it really made the sock look like I had striped it.  
I decided to try my had with the afterthought heel because I really wanted to be able to work the heel without having to pick up so many stitches and not be able to work it in the round the whole way. 
I love how this heel worked up. It was super easy so I think that this might be my heel of shove from now own. I didn’t even drop a stitch when I was picking them up. 
I just had to try it on.  I have since blocked this one and now I just have to knit the mate.  Can’t have a pair of mismatched handknit socks. 
We are now gluten free so I just thought I would share my new favorite cookie. If you hav to go this route try them out. I found them at most of my local grocery stores. So they should be easy to find most anywhere (I hope). 




No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back