Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sewn Journal Cover

I love fabric covers for books and journals so I thought why not make one for my planner. I was inspired to use upcycled and scrap fabric and found objects to create the cover.
I have a pretty good collection of scrap fabrics that I just can't part with so I dug through the basket and picked out a few that I thought would work. 


I had a few silk flowers left over from and arrangement that I have on my kitchen table and so I took it apart and sewed a couple petals on with some layered fabric in between. 

On the back I played around with crazy stitching to create the stem/branches and then added the leaves by ruffling them as I went. 

Here is a view without the strap in place. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back