Wednesday, May 3, 2017

My Journey to Reclaim My Health

 
For the past few weeks I have been trying to take care of my health. I am eating Whole Foods and have eliminated processed foods from my diet. I started this in hopes to help my fibromyalgia and auto immune symptoms to subside. I have kept it pretty quite except when I am eating around someone. I really wanted to see if it would work before I said much more. Well two weeks in I have less inflammatory issues and I have more energy as each day progresses. I started off cutting everything out but fruits veggies and meat for the first week. I made good use of my juicer and I found that I love drinking beet juice, it is so good and so good for you. I mix it with carrot, apple, ginger and fresh tumeric.

Here is a little back story for you, I have not really shared this here because I have really just wanted to keep everything more positive here because the blog has always been my place to share my good days. 
In late 2010 early 2011 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia,  I was told that I would just keep getting worse and that there really wasn't nothing that could make it go away. They offered me meds that had horrible side effects and I told them that I would not take them. I have always hated taking meds and to this day I don't like putting chemicals into my body. For a while I would have ups and downs and the downs would get longer and the ups would come father and father apart. I knew that I had to find something natural to help me, I started using essential oils and herbs and nutritional supplements but never changed my diet. That is until January of 2015 I had the worse episode of my life. I had the worse reaction to food that I had ever had, I had hives from head to toe, my throat almost completely swelled shut before the EMTs arrived. The next month I found out I had had an allergic reaction to beef, and testing had shown that I could no longer eat beef and pork or an meat from animals that walk on for legs. So it was the fins and feathers diet for me. That still didn't clue me into what I was putting into my body was causing all of my problems. So over the past couple of years I have been researching this issue, and have come across links to this allergy and other auto immune issues. So through my research I found various people who have seen a link betweeen processed food and fibromyalgia symptoms. ( I am not a medical doctor so this is just from me readin various research and you should look into it yourself and ask your doctor before relying on anything I am saying) . 
So this time I felt that I really needed to take back my health, because for the past few months since I started my new job at the end of the work day I was so tired and in so much pain, that I have to come home and go straight to bed. I knew that this was not the way that God meant for me to be living. So I began looking for a better way to help fix my problem. I started looking in to the ingredients that are in most processed foods that I was eating and really took an inventory of what I was putting into my body. Sugar and caffeine were at the of the list along with high fructose corn syrup. I knew that these were the reason that I was crashing everyday, so I decided that I would make a change and quit them cold turkey. I have tried two quit processed food cold turkey before but I have never really had the willpower to do it so this time I knew I had to push through. The first few days were horrible. I really was having withdrawal pains from taking everything away at once, but on day 5, I woke up feeling like a new person. I had energy and that night I reall started to sleep better. I am not coming home and going to bed after work anymore, I have the energy to do things with my girls and my pain has almost completely gone away. I take tumeric and magnesium every night before bed still and I really wake up refreshed and I am sleeping through the night. I was waking up 4-8 times each night not being able to get comfortable because of the pain in my joints. I will be sharing more of my journey to healing my body through Whole Foods as I go. 
Here is a great book that I am ready that has some wonderful recipes that will help you on the journey to living a more healthy life with nothing but Whole Foods. 
 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back