Thursday, May 11, 2017

Glimpses of My Life, Living in a Yurt

 
I am blogging in a new space. I am so excited to share my new space with you. As most of my readers know we now live in a Yurt. It is 1200 sq feet including the loft. The spaces are odd shaped and sized but we are determined to make the most of every square inch of space. This space is in my bedroom so it is small. I had planned on building a desk that would fold up when not in use but I got impatient and when to my local antique/junk shop and found this 1950's sewing desk. It had the 4 drawers that I really wanted and it was small enough to fit into the space that I have for it. I love the thought that I can write even in the middle of the night and not bother anyone because the space it in the perfect spot. No I do have to worry about my husband because he can't sleep with the light on, so I'm sitting here at 2:15 am in the dark typing by the light of the ipad screen. 
 
When I got home from work today I knew that I just needed some outside time, so I decided to read on my porch for a while. I have a small porch outside my bedroom door. I love it because it is in the shade in the afternoon so on warm days it is at least 20 degrees cooler if not more. I can get a little bit of sun if I want to our just peacefully sit in the shade. I just need to add a small table to the space and it will work a little better. I am already talking to my husband about expanding the space from this 4' x 6' space to an 8' x 12' space. This is one of the next projects we are going to start now that he has the fences complete and the horses can roam our whole property. 
 
I love that the shadow in this picture shows off the yurt. We are still getting used to living in a round house and using the space to the fullest. I keep seeing way to change the furniture placement to make things fit better so you never know what I'm going to do from day today. I want to change the layout of the living room and put the couch where the tv is and the tv in the little nook under the stairs. Right now the tv table gets hit by the front door if your not careful. So a change of the space is in order I think. 
 
This is the placement of the couch and the table in front of the window now has the TV on it ad the chairs are in my bedroom. So you can see that even from this picture I have made changes that I have yet to photograph.  I have another section of this couch that is a chase lounge and I am thinking about putting it into my bedroom. I am not sure it will fit but I am willing to try. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back