Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Summer School Experience

I started this summer on a very sad note. My dad passed away on Memorial Day. He had only been sick for less than a year and I had been taking care of him every day for 7 months. He always taught me to never stop learning and always look out for something new to learn. He was also a big supporter of my dreams and believed in me. So I have taken the time this summer to learn a few new things to help me with my Art business. I just want to share a few of the classes and art helps that I have used to learn something new this summer.

I joined the Make It In Design Summer School and I have been really working hard on the assignments for each section. These are the patterns that I created for the second brief.
This is the beginner brief 2, Tribal Shapes
This was a fun assignment. my inspiration for this print was a Tiki.

This is the intermediate brief 2, Animal Prints. 
We were given a color palette to work with and so I had a hard time with this one. I combined different sizes of zebra prints for this one and I think it looks like either shredded wheat cereal or pop tarts. 

This is the advance brief 2: tribal collage. Again we were given a color palette to use and so this is what I can up with for this submission. 


I also signed up for the Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search. This project really really made me stretch and I likes doing the project and I have a great piece for my portfolio and I will share it once the gallery goes live on the 26th. 



Another class that I took and I really know that I learned so much from it and I will say if you want to learn Adobe Illustrator than you need to take this class. It is Design Surface Patterns From Scratch with Bonnie Christine. This class really helped me to hone my skills and be able to work fast and more effective with the program. I can't recommend this class enough. I have really used the tips to make my workflow so much smoother. Bonnie also has a great blog Going Home To Roost that you can learn more about her. 
Here is some of the  patterns that I have created with what I learned from this class. 

I have used the patterns to create a new digital scrapbook kit  "Faith Hope and Love" that is now available for purchase in my Etsy shop. 

Here are the other elements that coordinate with these designs
I also created a few solid color papers to finish this kit off.. 

You can also find me on the Martha Stewart Living American Made Awards  If you have time please go visit and share the profile on your facebook and twitter to help me win one of  200 wild-card finalist spots for grand-prize consideration.

Martha Stewart - American Made 2014 - Nominee Badge


No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back