Friday, December 27, 2013

The Documented Life Project Update

I have finished the prep for The Documented Life Project. It begins on January 1. From the first time I saw the posts I knew this was a project that I wanted to do. 
 
I collaged the cover with Tim Holtz Tissue  paper that I was gifted. I then added Tim Holtz tissue tape around each edge. Next I added doodles with a black permanent marker I decided to highlight some areas with a white gel pen. 

Here you can see how I used washi tape to add in extra pages to each weekly spread. I love all the colors. I used tapes that I have had in my stash and did not buy any new ones for this project. 
Yesterday I took a trip to Michael's and these tapes were on clearance for 60% off and I just had to have them. I got all 4 rolls for only $3.99. 
I have really been wanting to try these but didn't want to spend the money on them. Well combine a 50% off coupon with Christmas money and they came home with me. 
I am going to buy a few more art supplies before January 1 and then try not to buy anything new for a couple months and see what I can create by just using things that I have in my stash. Now don't get me wrong I have a huge stash and it will really take a long time for me to use it up. 

1 comment:

Sandra L. said...

Hi! I found you through Pinterest.
I was wondering how you used the washi tape to add the pages. Every time I've tried to do that, my item falls out of wherever I've taped it. I know washi is easily removable.

Thanks!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back