Friday, November 8, 2013

Art supply deals


I love when I get a good deal on art supplies. I have been wanting to try the Zig Clean Color brush markers, but at $5 a pop they were out of my price range. Well on Monday I took a little trip to my local Hobby Lobby and I found a good supply of them in the clearance section. I purchased six of them for the price of two. 
I have found that if you take the time to look through the clearance sections of most art and craft stores you will be able to save a lot of money on supplies and be able to try out new ones without breaking the bank. I really like the way these lay down color and that I can use a water brush with them to achieve the look of watercolors. I choose the colors above so that I can mix them to create even more colors. 
I only took a couple of min to draw a quick quote and test the colors out in my sketchbook. This sketchbook is a Strathmore Sketch and so the paper is not very thick but they worked well with no bleed through and the colors are very vibrant and no I just have to try blending them on watercolor paper. I hope to have a video soon showing how they work. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back