Monday, May 6, 2013

Lettering Monday

Three new journals piced up last weekend at Ikea for under $10 makes a girl happy. They are 3 different sizes and I have plans for each one.

The smallest one is 9"x12" and is spiral bound. This is the one that I choose to use for my lettering practice.

For the first page I wanted to write words that are positive and inspiring, so that every time I open it I will be inspired to create. I used a mechanical pencil to draw everything out and make sure that the spacing was correct. Then I used various pens just to try them out and see how this journal would hold up to each on them to ink each of the letters.

For this set of lettering I was inspired by the book Creative Lettering by Jenny Doh. I revied this book on Thursday for my book clud post. I used the space to play with various lettering styles and sizes to create a subway art type piece.

This piece continues on with the positive words that I want to add to the journal. I will be sharing more from this journal next Monday. I hope you come back and join me for another addition of "Lettering Monday".

 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back