Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Smashbook Fun

I posted last week where I was auditioning some Elle Studio numbers on the pages to create a monthly journal page for this year. After I took the pictures of these layouts I found another set of smaller numbers in my stash and these are the ones that I ended up using and creating a 2 page spread for the month of January. This is the Handmade Layers Number Cutouts and they came on one sheet and I had to cut the out and then I just arranged them on the page in a way that left me open spaces for the ones that were just numbers.

I then used the Smash Pen to draw around the individual squares and for some of the numbers there was no where to write for that day I drew out the square to give me more space to write. I then added the days to each number and a little bit of doodling the make it meld with the page. I used a letter stencil for the month and the year numbers is from a set of Making Memories Rub-ons.

I added a few doodles with the Smash Pen to the first page because this is a blank page.

I used the smash pen to draw around the embossed designs on the front cover and then I used my set of Pentel color pens which are fine point markers that have a very rich color lay down.

Smashbooks are a great way for you to begin to keep a visual journal so that you do not have the fear of starting with a white page. Each page has your background ready for you to add you own twist to it.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back