Monday, January 2, 2012

Theme Journals

241

I have been really inspired by the theme journals that have been floating around the web, and in magazines. Smash books have also been very inspiring to me, so I decided to create on of my own from scratch.

Supplies:

  • Paper of various thickness Cut down to 7 x 10 inches
  • Heavy cardstock or chipboard for covers
  • Bind-It-All binding machine (If you don’t have a Bind-it-All you can punch the holes by hand and use the coils, I did this with my first book)
  • 1/2” Coils for binding

I used paper from a swap that I participated in back in November mixed with the “For the Record” By Bella Road kit, from the Echo Park Paper Co.

Once you have your pages organize the way that you like punch your pages and bind according to the manufactures directions.

001

Here is the cover before I added any embellishments. The cover was one of the card pieces that I received in the swap.

025

Here is the paper collection that I used. I really like that I was able to keep the vintage feel throughout the whole journal.

019020

These are a couple of my favorite page spreads. On these spreads is where I combined the papers from the Kit and the papers from the swap. I love using old book pages in my journals and this is a way for me to combine them. Once I have gotten started I don’t think that I will be able to stop making them. I have so much paper in my stash and I think I will make a few and add them to my Etsy Shop soon.

This month I will have a different post sponsor each week. This week's sponsor is Shabby Fabrics.
Go on over and check them out and let them know that I sent you. 

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back