Thursday, January 5, 2012

Painted pages

all in a days work 012
I am taking the Strathmore Artist Workshop with Traci Bautista and I have been working through lesson 1 and playing around with a few painted pages. I thought that I would share some of them with you. If you are interested in taking the workshop it is FREE all you have to do is sign up. I took the ones last year and enjoyed them all so much and I think that this is a great opportunity to try out an online workshop if you have never taken one to see how they work. The workshop is based on Traci Bautista’s new book Doodles Unleashed: Mixed-Media Techniques for Doodling, Mark-Making & Lettering which will be published at the end of this month.
063
This Painting was created on a File Folder. I plan on using it for a couple of journal covers for some journals that I am working on. I am creating a few journals that will be in my Etsy shop soon.
066
This piece was made on the brown paper that I use to cover my work surface. I noticed that some interested patterns were created from painting off the edge of the pages that I was working on. I decided start doodling on it and ended up really liking the finished piece. I think I might collage it onto a canvas and hand it up.
This month I will have a different post sponsor each week. This week's sponsor is Shabby Fabrics.
Go on over and check them out and let them know that I sent you. 

3 comments:

Lagene said...

Very cool, I'm loving the Doodles Unleashed class too!

Adriann said...

Fun! I'm having a hard time letting the process flow. I've gessoed over all my attempts so far. Hope to get something done soon.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to try this... I've tried all the links in your post.. but can't access it. Could you give me more information? That would be great... maybe it can help me DE-Stress!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back