Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Backstory

054

128
Today I want to share with you what is means to keep an Art Journal. If you have never heard of it, it can be described as a mix of words, color and images. I use my Art Journal as a jumping off point for other forms of art that I am working on, I have found I am able to be more free in my art journals because it is just for me and not a piece of art that is to be sold or gifted. By being free to work with out worrying about being critiqued I find that I am able to explore more ideas and sometimes come up with my best ones this way.
198I can try a new technique on a smaller scale and not worry about failing. It is a place for me to experiment and grow.
065 (2)
It is also a place where I can play around with color and try out colors that I do not normally use in my work. Or I can play with color combinations just to see if they work well together.
I hope you have enjoyed a peek into my art journals and will come back and visit me soon. For a direct link to my tutorials you can click here.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back