Monday, November 21, 2011

Art Journal Monday

128I have made a few really detailed pages in my large scale art journal that I want to share with you. I took a few step-by-step photos of each and I plan on sharing a few of these pages with you over the next couple of weeks. I will try to have them posted on Monday of each week. Let me know what you think. See more after the jump.
Supplies:
Large recycled book ( I used an old Atlas from the thrift store)
Gesso
096
Tube Acrylic Paint
Sharpie
Various Leaf Stamps
Stamp Pad
Bubble Wrap and various household items to create texture.
094
Apply Gesso to your page to cover the print.
099
This is the palette of colors that I used, Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Vermillion, Crimson, and Burnt Sienna.
098
I used Crimson to base coat. I thought using a small brush would be fun but it was taking forever so I broke out the big 1 inch brush. It worked a lot better.
101
I blended most of the colors on my palette and used a pretty good amount of water to create a wash effect.
102
I went through my collection of texture and found a few to try out:
105106107
This one is using the metal texture piece and bubble wrap.
114
This was the only black stamp pad that I could find. I am still trying to find everything that I had packed in boxes to move into my studio space. It worked great. It came in a stamp kit that I bought at Michael’s a few years back and it works great on plain paper and gave just the look I was going for on my page.117
I have a bunch of cling stamps from Michael’s $1 bin that have been in my collection for ages. I just randomly stamped them in the corner of the page not really planning this but it turned into a tree shape. I was just think fall leaves at this point of the page.
118119
I forgot to mention that I also used a few metallic color pencils to make circles on the page before I started adding any detail to the page. I used a few other shapes for the other side of the spread and created a different style of tree for it. After I finished stamping I drew a trunk shape with a Sharpie and outlined the leaf shapes and added veins to each one of them.
123124125
I had a blast making this page and it is the first major art journal page that I have made in my new space. I hope you enjoyed this step-by-step page.
128

2 comments:

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

That is gorgeous! I love what you have done with the different textures. I am a new follower visiting from Sumo's Sweet Stuff. Don't you just love bubble wrap? Your project reminds me of some bubble wrap prints I made with my kids. http://www.messforless.net/2011/09/bubble-wrap-prints.html

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! What a great journal page.
I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back