Saturday, October 1, 2011

Flower Centers with Beads in a Bottle

015
I decided to practice with Beads in a Bottle to make centers on my rolled fabric flowers. I picked up a package of Beads in a Bottle and found some fabric in my stash that matched the colors, and so I thought I would share it with you.
017
Once I had my fabric flowers finished I took the color of Beads in a Bottle that I wanted for each flower and just added a few small beads in the center of each flower. I put an odd number of beads in the center of each flower.  I used the yellow with the green and white fabric rose, because I thought it would really pop.
019
I used the crystal for this blue based flower because the dark blue in set was a little too dark.
I forgot to take a finished picture before I gave them away. It really makes it easy to add the look of beads to an item without having to sew them on.

1 comment:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love the colors of your flowers. What is Bead in a Bottle and where did you get it? Is it like glitter glue or glitter paint? Did the dried dots indeed look like beads? Inquiring minds want to know! I've been sewing beads in the centers of my flowers and this might be a clever alternative. Thanks!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back