Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Cleaning Week 1 Kitchen

Countertop Organization Idea
073
I don’t know what it is about fall weather that makes me want to clean. I am not a big spring cleaner. I feel that the fall is the best time to really deep clean everything because this is the time of year when we are going to spend the most time inside the house. In the spring I work on cleaning the yard and other outside chores that the winter weather has made me not really want to do.  See How-to after the jump.
So the first area of my house that I cleaned was my kitchen. I took everything off the counters and out of the cabinets. Emptied all the canisters and ran them through the dishwasher. Then I made sure to wash the insides of the cabinets and put everything back in a neat and organized way. When I cleaned out the cabinets I was able to make room for my mixer and blender. I decided I really wanted a less cluttered counter space. I really like the way it turned out.
071
I repurposed a few baskets and containers to use for snack storage. I found by taking them all out of the boxes I was able to free up a lot of cabinet space and make it easier for the girls to find something to eat without have to bang through all the cabinets looking for them. My husband really likes it because it makes it easier for him to find snacks for his lunch everyday. I used a wire mesh basket for our citrus fruit. I am on a 21 day liver cleanse using lemon juice and peppermint and lemon essential oils from Young Living, so I have to keep all the lemons easy to access.
Kitchen Cleaning Checklist
  • Empty Cabinets and wash down
  • Empty Canisters and Run through Dishwasher
  • Rotate Food Supply throwing out any out-of-date items
  • Clean Clutter from Counters
  • Scrub Counters with a Mix of Baking Soda and Borax mixed with water. Rinse well
  • Empty Junk Drawers and Organize
  • Clean out Refrigerator and Wash Shelves
  • Mover Refrigerator and Sweep and Mop under and around
  • Clean Microwave ( Place 1/2 a lemon in a cup with 1/2 cup water and microwave for 2 min) this will not only freshen it but will make stains come off easier.
  • Wipe down Vent hood and walls/backsplashes.
 Next week I will show you my bathroom organizing tips
To find the complete series click here. 
Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Super great ideas. I just did that with the pantry a while ago. Seems like life is so much easier when things are organized. Great job and everything looks so pretty too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back