Sunday, October 10, 2010

Upcycled Address Box


I like creating things with what I have on hand, and this is a great example of making something out of nothing.  I have always loved this box that I saw on Whip Up a few years and I thought I would share how I made my version of it. I used what I had on hand and I did find enough magazine order cards to make the address cards.
The supplies you need are simple.
  • Small box (tea, band-aid, drink mix)
  • 2 sheets of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper
  • ABC stickers (or you can hand draw them if you don't have any)
  • 26 index cards
  • Magazine Order Cards ( I saved them up and I also asked my friends to save some for me, I am still saving them so that I can make another one of these.)
  I used index cards for the dividers and left over scrapbook letters for the alphabet. The bottom of the box is half of a band-aid box and I used the other half for the top. It took a little time to cut the cards and dividers but once I started it was very enjoyable ans good quite work. (A great time to listen to youe favorite music)

The size is 2" x 3.5"
The Solid pink one is cut from a magazine page and does not have any lines.
Here is the processFirst I cut a template based on a standard business card for the address cards.  Here are the address cards after they have been cut. This was the fun part, I enjoyed deciding where the placement of the color and the design of the cards. If you really start looking you should be able to find a good many. Most magazines have about 5 -6 in each issue. I just went through all of my back issues that were in the recycle bin.
The measurments on the dividers is 4"x 3" to the top if the tab. You can use the lines on the card as a guide. If you really want to recycle some more you can use other small cardboard boxes for this as well. they will be a little thicker, and it will take a slightly larger box to hold all 26 letters of the alphabet.
I hope that this helps anyone out there who is like me and would like to recycle their own version. I know that in no way is this as good as the original, but it will work for me on my desk. I hope to be able to keep track of my swap addresses and help me when I want to send a thank you to someone who has helped me out in the blog world.

No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back