Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not much going on

I have really not had much artsy going on this week other than trying to get a tutorial finished to post soon. Hopefully I will have it done so that yall can make a few for gifts, (Hint: start saving the Subscription response cards from all your magazines).
http://www.boothmuseum.org/about/press_pictures.html

 The Artsy thing that we did as a family this weekend was to visit the Booth Western Art Museum in Carterville, GA. It was a great museum and well worth the drive (one and a half hours). We used our Free Tickets from Smithsonian Magazines Museum Day Event and choose to visit this one. I am really glad that we did. The Ansel Adams : A Legacy event opened on Saturday and was a very thought provoking show. Click Here for more info. My nephew won 2nd place for his age group in their Cowboy Poetry Contest, Students can enter this and try to win. He wrote his about my husband who is very much a Coyboy at heart.


I  made the girls each a small sketch book to carry in their pockets with them on their visit to the museum. Shae my youngest (age 8) took the time to really look at the paintings and try to draw what she saw. I was very proud of her. They have an area in the museum, The Sagebrush Ranch, just for kids that is has stations all around the room to learn to draw different western icons, like a horse or buffalo. There was also a place to put together puzzles in the shapes of a gitar or a boot. The life size horse really caught my oldest daughter's attention, Anastasia (age 9) loved being able to climb up and sit on it. I have pictures but I have not had a chance to get them ready to post. You can clink on the Sagebrush link to see images of the exhibit. Here is the link to the online activities for your children. I hope you enjoy a visit to the Booth Museum as much as we did, please let me know if you have visited the museum or if you get to go leave a comment about your experience.




No comments:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back